Join child care center colleagues
at the next
Early Childhood Directors Group
Thursday, January 14thth – 10:00 am – noonThink Small, 2021 Hennepin Ave. E., Mpls 55413
- Opportunities for Child Care Centers to Serve Infants and Toddlers Through Early Head Start Partnerships
- Presentation by Jeanne Dickhausen, Minnesota Head Start Collaboration Director and Lori Fuller and Nicole Duncan, Anoka County Community Action Program’s Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership.
- President Obama’s Early Learning Initiative set aside $500 million for new Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships. These grants will allow Early Head Start grantees to partner with Child Care programs to provide full-day, full-year programming so that more low-income children in their community have the healthy and enriching early experiences they need to realize their full potential.
- Child Care Policy and Advocacy Update
- Networking Time
Early Childhood Directors Group meetings are free and
open to all directors and assistant directors
No RSVP necessary. Questions? contact Nancy Johnson: email@example.com
For more info, visit our blog at: www.ecdirectorsgroup.blogspot.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Several directors requested that we post links to the studies and background reading for our discussion in November on staff compensation:
Worthy Work, STILL Unliveable Wages: The Early Childhood Workforce 25 Years after the National Child Care Staffing Study
by Marcy Whitebook, Deborah Phillips, and Carollee Howes
Full Report or Exec Summary
Why Childcare Workers Are So Poor, Even Though Childcare Costs So Much
Aaron Loewenberg, writing for New America’s Early & Elementary Education Policy program, explores policy proposals that could increase the pay of child care teachers helping highly-qualified individuals stay in the field.
Childcare Teachers Underpaid and Underappreciated
Next Early Childhood Policy Hour, January 5th, 2016
Join us for Policy Hour on Tuesday, January 5 from Noon-1 p.m. at Think Small, 2021 Hennepin Ave. E, Suite 210, Minneapolis to hear about the DHS Child Care Development Block Grant plan. This plan
Policy Hour is held the first Tuesday of each month, noon-1:00 p.m. at Think Small, 2021 East Hennepin Avenue, Suite 250, Minneapolis, 55413. Bring your lunch. Invite your friends. No RSVP necessary.